.

.
Who is Doodle, you ask? Doodle is one of the four lambs (sheep) who make up the McLamby family. He lives in the Northern Highlands of Scotland, and this is his blog. That's right; life from a lamb's point of view. Doodle, and his brother Snowball, were orphaned lambs and raised on bottles...first in the garage and backyard of their people ("Dad" and "Mom")...then out in the big field with their "Uncles" Rosebud and Shermy, two big Cheviot sheep who are also...er...pet sheep. Sometimes it's just fine for someone to have no other purpose in life but to live and be one of God's creatures. That's Doodle, Snowball, Rosebud, and Shermy. Welcome to their world!

Friday, October 11, 2013

Too Much of a Good Thing

Oh my goodness!  We had such a scare yesterday.  Everyone was eating supper at the table...er, trough...and Snowball asked to be excused first, like he always does, so he can have the first dessert cookie.  The rest of us don't mind because Snowball doesn't usually get as many kibbles as we all do.  (I hate to say it, but Uncle Shermy and Uncle Bud push Snowball around too much at suppertime.)

So...Snowball went and had his cookie, and then there was all this commotion.  Mom was calling for Dad, and Snowball was stamping his foot and making all kinds of weird gyrations.  Someone said something about choking ~ I don't really know what that means, but it didn't look so good ~ and then the rest of us McLambies watched while Dad put Snowball on his rear end, and reached inside his mouth to pull out whatever was making the trouble.  Mom massaged Snowball's neck and throat, and finally, everything seemed okay.

I think Snowball has been put on half-rations.  Poor Snowball.
I don't want that to happen to me (maybe it should happen to Shermy, though), so I'm going to just go for my pets and squishes and rubs, and if I get a cookie, that's a bonus!  Somebody said "too much of a good thing."  I don't think that is true about cookies, but I'm not taking any chances!

p.s. ~ Snowball has sharp teeth.  Dad says so.  He got a bloody finger and a bloody knuckle.  But everyone knows Snowball didn't bite Dad on purpose!

No comments :