.

.
Who is Doodle, you ask? Doodle is one of the four lambs (sheep) who make up the McLamby family. He lives in the Northern Highlands of Scotland, and this is his blog. That's right; life from a lamb's point of view. Doodle, and his brother Snowball, were orphaned lambs and raised on bottles...first in the garage and backyard of their people ("Dad" and "Mom")...then out in the big field with their "Uncles" Rosebud and Shermy, two big Cheviot sheep who are also...er...pet sheep. Sometimes it's just fine for someone to have no other purpose in life but to live and be one of God's creatures. That's Doodle, Snowball, Rosebud, and Shermy. Welcome to their world!

Friday, February 28, 2014

Lap-Lambders


Here's baby Snowball, getting all the attention again.  He was being pampered.  Isn't he just like a big toy lamb?  All soft and huggy.  Mom says there is nothing so great as holding a lamb.
***
My turn!


I like to snuggle with my people.  I'm too big to sit on laps now.  But I still like a good squish, a chest rub, and scritch on my head.  Big sheep are really just lambs in bigger clothing.
***
You will notice that baby Snowball is still trying to get attention.  Ahem.  He's still like that.


When I was only a couple of days old, I got really sick.  I had a bad tummy, which made me have a bad bottom.  Mom called Dad to come home right away to help me get well.  Then she wrapped me in a towel and held me for a long time.  Dad came home really fast, and he fed me electrolytes and medicine through a tube into my tummy.  A few days later, Snowball got sick, too.  Dad brought us medicine from the vet.  I'm still not sure what a vet is, but they must be good, because the vet helped us get well.  Then, for a few weeks after, both Snowball and I had to have "juice" (which I thought was real juice, but was really only electrolytes in a baby bottle) several times a day.  I don't know what electrolytes are, either, but I guess we need them.
***
Now we are both big, strong, jumpy, bouncy lambs who are almost 10 months old!  We don't get juice bottles anymore.  But we get cookies!
***
Don't you wish you had a little lamby to hold on your lap?


No comments :