.

.
Who is Doodle, you ask? Doodle is one of the four lambs (sheep) who make up the McLamby family. He lives in the Northern Highlands of Scotland, and this is his blog. That's right; life from a lamb's point of view. Doodle, and his brother Snowball, were orphaned lambs and raised on bottles...first in the garage and backyard of their people ("Dad" and "Mom")...then out in the big field with their "Uncles" Rosebud and Shermy, two big Cheviot sheep who are also...er...pet sheep. Sometimes it's just fine for someone to have no other purpose in life but to live and be one of God's creatures. That's Doodle, Snowball, Rosebud, and Shermy. Welcome to their world!

Friday, May 2, 2014

Shorn Sheep and New Pastures


So, after awhile, we became too big to live at home with Mom and Dad.  And the backyard got small.  I think we were about 9 weeks old when we went out to live with Uncle Rosebud and Uncle Shermy.  And when we did... what a surprise!  They had both had a haircut.

***
Don't tell them I said this, but I think it kinda made them look...well...sorta old.  'Specially next to us cute little guys with our little woolly lamb coats!


That's Uncle Bud at the top, and Uncle Shermy lying against the fence.  They said getting their haircuts made them feel much better in the warm sun.  I guess.  I wonder if I will ever get a haircut?


Here I am, making sure that funny-looking guy is actually Uncle Shermy.  It was.  Doesn't he have a big head?  It's hard, too.  He has bashed us with it many times!
***
Now that I'm a big Doodle, I don't mind bashing other lambs who get in my way!

No comments :