.

.
Who is Doodle, you ask? Doodle is one of the four lambs (sheep) who make up the McLamby family. He lives in the Northern Highlands of Scotland, and this is his blog. That's right; life from a lamb's point of view. Doodle, and his brother Snowball, were orphaned lambs and raised on bottles...first in the garage and backyard of their people ("Dad" and "Mom")...then out in the big field with their "Uncles" Rosebud and Shermy, two big Cheviot sheep who are also...er...pet sheep. Sometimes it's just fine for someone to have no other purpose in life but to live and be one of God's creatures. That's Doodle, Snowball, Rosebud, and Shermy. Welcome to their world!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bad Doodle

Okay, I'm fessing up.  I was a BAD DOODLE.  Twice.
***
See, a while ago, when it was hot and summery, we McLambies got clipped.  Well, the Uncles knew what was happening, but Snowball and I didn't.  It was the first time for us.  It was scary, I can tell you.  We got put in a tiny pen, and a big truck with a strange man, and two spectators, came... and the next thing I knew, I was on my rear end and the strange man was holding this machine thing in his hand and taking off all my wool!
***
I did not like that.  Neither did Snowball.  Okay, well, it did feel kinda better not to have all that heavy, scratchy wool in summer... but still.  It made me kinda crazy.  Like I didn't know who I was anymore, and I didn't recognize anyone else, either.  It took a few days for me to become my normal wonderful Doodle self.
***
And before I did, well, er... I kinda played the head-pushing game with Mom.  Really hard.  As in, I bashed her in the shoulder when she was sitting on the ground with me.  Twice.  And I have a big, hard head.  This is me right before I did in the first time.  See?  Look at the crazy eye I have!

And this is me REALLY right before I bashed Mom.


I was a BAD DOODLE.  But no more.  I came to my senses.  I'm a GOOD DOODLE now.  My normal self.
***
I'm sorry Mom!
Mom says she loves me anyway.  I'm glad.  What a relief!