.

.
Who is Doodle, you ask? Doodle is one of the four lambs (sheep) who make up the McLamby family. He lives in the Northern Highlands of Scotland, and this is his blog. That's right; life from a lamb's point of view. Doodle, and his brother Snowball, were orphaned lambs and raised on bottles...first in the garage and backyard of their people ("Dad" and "Mom")...then out in the big field with their "Uncles" Rosebud and Shermy, two big Cheviot sheep who are also...er...pet sheep. Sometimes it's just fine for someone to have no other purpose in life but to live and be one of God's creatures. That's Doodle, Snowball, Rosebud, and Shermy. Welcome to their world!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

There's Trouble In Lamby City


Here we see us. All together. Possibly for the last time.
***
See...I'm not sure what really happened. I get confused sometimes. And scared. Then I don't know which way I am supposed to go.
***
That's a line-up photo:  Me (Doodle), Snowball, Rosebud, Shermy.  Only, Snowball and I are wearing numbers. We've been "booked". I don't know what that means, either. It can't be too bad 'cause we still get cookies and scritches.
***
Snowball seems to have had a strange personality change. No one knows why. All of a sudden, now, whenever he sees Rosebud, he goes berserk. He turns into Rambo and tries to get him. I mean, seriously GET HIM. He has even drawn blood! Then we all get nuts. And Rosebud is a target, and no one knows why.
***
Poor old Uncle Bud.
***
Shermy sticks by him. I kinda do, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be.
***
So, Mom and Dad say we're being separated. For good. Snowball says GOOD. I'm not sure. Rosebud says GOOD, too.
***
We were separated for two days, and then Mom and Dad built a fence through the middle of our field, and divided everything up. The plan was we would have separate apartments but still all come out every day together. Snowball put the NIX on that. He won't have it. Rosebud gets no peace when Snowball is around. And Snowball turns into a REAL MONSTER!
***
So, Snowball and I are going to live together in one field, and Rosebud and Shermy are going to live together in another field, and there are trees and two houses in between, so we can't see each other. It's kinda sad. But Snowball is making us, so I guess that's what we have to do.
***
I'm not sure, but I think a new hierarchy has been established in our little flock (now TWO little flocks of TWO), and Rosebud is pretty much completely out. And Mom will NOT have that. She's going out of her way to make sure Rosebud is okay. So I guess I will go out of my way to be a good Doodle and make sure Mom is okay.
***
I think I'll still reminisce about when we were littler and everyone was together, though...if that's okay with you.
STAY TUNED!

1 comment :

thecrazysheeplady said...

What on earth is going on with those boys???